and Financial Advisors - Pennsylvania
6059 Allentown Blvd. #310
Harrisburg, PA 17109
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO PRODUCERS:
The January 29 edition of the PA Bulletin shows the text of the long-awaited Insurance Department Rule on insurance producer Continuing Education. This includes provisions affecting those producers who write Flood Insurance to meet the NFIP training requirements and a separate requirement for those writing long-term care insurance.For those in the long-term care market, please note:
- If you already sell, solicit or negotiate contracts of LTC insurance and have not met the training requirement of eight hours specific to LTC insurance, you have until April 1, 2012 to do so.
- Those who completed the training requirement previously (before the Department Rule was approved) shall be considered to be in compliance if they document their training per their transcript from www.sircon.com . Insurers must check before appointing producers to sell LTC products.
- The training required may not include training that is product-specific to any insurer or company or include any sales or marketing information, materials or training, other than those required by State and Federal law.
- The ongoing training requirement shall be at least 4 hours on LTC insurance in every subsequent 24- month licensing cycle.
- One item to note is that the one-hour mandated CE for those involved in qualified LTC Partnership plans may be included in the eight-hour training requirement.Please note the link below for the full text of the new Rule which is effective April 1, 2011.
Through its excellent local, state and national network of partnerships, NAIFA-PA is the premier provider of quality education for the life and health and property and casualty insurance and financial services community. We provide pre-licensing courses and education through LUTC and The American College. We provide continuing educational opportunities through an ever-increasing network of for-profit and non-profit educational providers. We can provide the comprehensive educational curriculum to attain virtually every designation offered to the financial services professional. Many of these educational opportunities are offered through NAIFA-PA’s federation of local associations.
We also offer a variety of online Continuing Education courses through our Virtual University in partnership with 360 Training.
NAIFA provides the local associations with a series of “Programs in a Box” that offer high-quality Continuing Education on timely topics.
NAIFA offers its members free, unlimited 24/7 access to the NAIFA Virtual Library. Whether you are a new advisor or agent, or an experienced producer, the NAIFA Virtual Library is your key to a myriad of sales support tools and resources that will help you grow and succeed in your business. Go to: http://www.naifa.org/benefits/vsa/index.cfm and log in using your NAIFA member ID number and your last name in lower case letters.